Tuesday, September 02, 2008

All's well that ends well

The last few weeks have been of mixed emotions. But predominantly with an under current of uncertainty. Then finally the heavens shined forth and I decided what is that I wanted to do and heaved a sigh of relief and learning never to put things off until the last minute. Another thing I discovered in the last few weeks was that my husband and I have learned to enjoy our silences as much as we do when we are doing other things.

We went to Cape Cod last weekend and had a glorious day catching the wee end of the summer. We went on the water scooter and I sat frozen behind D miles into the sea without a tether and knew that if we fell off the bike I was doomed.. Then we went to Provincetown literally to the "place where there was nowhere left to go". We swam a little in the Atlantic and loved the sun. We enjoyed the sun tons that day. We packed a lunch dominated with Garbanzo in a variety of forms. Hummus and Channa!!! (I dint realize that until I got there). To go with that I threw in some bread. We also packed apples and some Tropicana Fruit Punch. We ended the day by picking up food at Subway as either of us were exhausted to cook.

The Labor Day weekend we decided to make good use of the sunny days before Fall sets in and get ready for the Wonderful (and I am not being sarcastic) New England winter. We watched Tropic Thunder Friday night. We played tennis on Saturday morning while a softball match was going on behind us. We decided to be all artsy in the evening and went to Boston's South End. We had a superb time acting all appalled at prices of shirts in Neiman Marcus and taking pictures near the Fountain at the Church of the Scientist building also in South End. Ended the day with dinner at PF Changs and a Great Wall of Chocolate cake. On Sunday D cooked his world famous sambhar. Afternoon we set out to see the Mansions in Rhode Island and the Tennis Hall of Fame. For a few minutes I was transported back to the Jane Austen books of balls and courtyards and balconies. The Rosecliff reminded me of the old Peters Road House. Here I saw a maid dressed in the good old maid's outfit - full sleeved black dress with a white apron and white lil hat thingy. I felt a tad sad for her as it was a good 90 degrees outside. I also saw a family trying desparately hard not to be Desi which kinda got to me!!!!!! The high temp caused D and me hunting for a soda shop but we finally ended up in a Whole Foods type store sharing a bag of chips and some fig bar (Heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
Monday we went to the temple and met some family for lunch and packed in a good desi lunch discussing their baby( now two months old) and the sambhar. Monday winded down with D and me jus sitting down each with our books and some music.



All's well that ends well.

4 comments:

tt_giant said...

aah yes! music and sambhar..

i had a nice time all three days

niha said...

Sounds awesome. Haven’t had good sambar since my last trip home. I wish I had a water scooter! We are saving up for two kayaks though :-)

Divya said...

Sometimes it just soo perfect isnt it??? I was at Cape cod too for labor day weekend.. the water at its best..!! Now that winter is here in a while.. we must plan our lunch sometime!

i think therefore i am said...

@dd..sure man.. we shud plan something soon.. and grl..write.. its been a while since I saw a new blog post