Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Thots

Being married allows you to enter a secret adult club.. 50 year old aunties will tell you personal secrets!!! Other older married women will discuss periods,cycles, babies, labor and certain other gross details.. I dont understand how being married makes you privy to extremely personal, unrequired details!!! But this weekend we met up with another couple we did fun stuff, played games D played cricket and the girls beat boys at Sequence..Thanks to the R and S..

I keep thinking of funky things to write about on the way to college. Entire blog posts form in my head and then today when I sat down to write blankness happening!!!

Most people who know me would say I accost and haunt people. I talk a dime and dozen, won most extempore (excuse if typo) competitions and generally an extremely talkative human being!! I think I am the most un -techie person ever. I can probably code to save my life but beyond that I cant code. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I jus discovered (courtesy my EA mid-term) that I am a techie. I think technically and write technically about non - technical aspects. I keep thinking that under grad is party time.. Where we (read I) blunder our way through, gaining life experiences.. Who knew that somewhere along the way something actually sticks.. SVCE Zindabad!!!

Watched a new Tamil movie after a long time. Its called Anjadhey. It was directed by a guy with a strange name. Anyways, if I want to be all "in" about it I could say,it was different, it had interesting camera angles, and very natural setting.. But I wont. It was a story that existed since the very famous "mera paas Maa Hai". There were no camera angles to speak of. There is a scene where the entire time the camera is showing people's feet. You know, I think that was different for the sake of being different. Prasanna had a horrible wig and Fab India kurtas. I din't know gangsters wore kurtas from FabIndia. The lead guy looked/acted like Surya from Kakha Kakha. Some assumptions are very drastic. You know there is one thing I did like about the movie. It had just one song. Atleast, strange named director guy realized that songs take away from the story in this movie. But anyways, I think the cast and crew tried something different and if people liked it then kudos to him. And for the record I think natural lighting should be left to PC Sriram and ManiRatnam movies.

Reading a book called 'Blink'. An interesting read and explains a lot of things. But beware read only if interested in non-fiction. There is hardly any story in it.

I tried thinking of a conclusion. There isn't any. Just covered the last few weeks of existence. Reading, socializing, movie-ing and in case you missed it mourning over my mid - term grades. So for the lack of a conclusion..
Thodarum!!!

4 comments:

amrit said...

I had read Blink long back. Found it interesting. Also read Gladwell's Tipping point.

i think therefore i am said...

@amrit.. yeah shud read it..next book on my to read list..

Anonymous said...

hmmm- secret club- sounds like a 'woman' thing.
Btw check out gladwells blog and his articles in the new yorker -(its in my blogroll)out of this world:-))

i think therefore i am said...

@vivek..hmm interesting blog..tanke.. PS did u get wat "sowie" meant.. I dint want to comment too much on the other blog post.. My name wasnt on it though