Thursday, April 03, 2008

Kimi Gayo

Sitting under the giant window sills at the back of Mrs.Simon's class in first standard I made a friend.We were assigned to be room-mates in the "hostel-hostel" game we were playing.Last month that friend got married and I couldn't attend. She defined the meaning of the word friend to me. She is the first friend I can think back to cronologically.Incidentally, she has shared many of my firsts with me.My first un-supervised outing,my first sleep over,my first major crush,my dream of leading my house(in school),my first experience in a co-educational institute, my first job interview, my first job and my first experience of living away from home.
The first memory I have of her is the above mentioned "hostel-hostel". The other one being our mothers standing under the big tree discussing us. Sitting for hours making plots to kill Pitchaikannu(individual who wrote 12th Maths Textbook -2001),DDLJ vs HAHK, "Hua kya naa jaana", plotting 8A vs 8B wars (yes wars!!!!)to sitting around after school trying to prepare for sports day.( I can aver that neither of us know squat about sports) while eating samosas and bugging lil chubby baby Manicha..(read Manisha).Then before we knew it we parted ways,writing in each others slam books,wishing each other the best in life and promising to meet up in the Buckingham Palace.(trust me you don't want me to go into detail - point is it dint happen).Four months later I get a call from her. She and I are in the same college. We laughed about the slam book.Entering the portals of SVCE she and I were in different departments, making new cherished friends along the way. Blooper in front of Archan-Preethi's Preethi.. he he he ...And before we knew it one stormy night we were both riding home in pouring rain "employed gals" with job offers.We parted ways shortly after that. We filled slam books again.This time we laughed about our prev entries.This time we promised to meet up in Bay Area..(again,trust me you wudn't want me there).6 months later my fone rings. This time though its long distance. She has been posted in Hyderabad.Could she room with me?? I was jumping with joy.My friend was rooming with me.Our mutual love for SRK!! and a certain member of the British Royal family, for hours at Red-E Food court reading a certain report(better left un elaborated), for Hyd and Prasads, for the thousands of movies watched at Satyam, hours spent chatting in Hyd with G3. Trying to cook food and dreaming up of setting up Dosas to combat with Chutneys. Hosting sleep over parties for office friends.
Intelligent,smart,padips,strong minded are all the words that come to my mind when I think of her. Her big smile, her amazing sense of humour. Here is wishing you all the best in your married life.
With lots of love from D Mugs to P Mugs.

3 comments:

Preethi Mahalingam said...

Awesome post babe :) ...so true and so many memories to recollect. inspite of being married i think we'll always be the same nuts that entered Simon's class :)

LR said...

I give up! who is this? Great writing btw ;-)

i think therefore i am said...

@tifsoi.. congrats once again..lovely pics.. and yeah once a nut always a nut..

@Ir.. Thank you for your writing.. and as to who this is?? u from CP??or am I making it more cryptic