Thursday, November 06, 2008

A dedication to NH4 and 35

To those who don't know NH4 is a highway connecting Chennai and Mumbai passing through Pune, Hubli and Bangalore. What Wikipedia failed to mention was it also passes through a significant monument we folks call SVCE, Pennalur. A significant part of my life in SVCE was bus no 35. N and I had long conversations and did a lot of soul searching on the gazillions of trips we made on that road in that bus. What we let off a few years ago, she resumed.. So here goes..

1) Ye Rozu Aithe Choosane Ninnu

This song is from a movie called Gulabi. This song has relieved many a headache that I have had and I absolutely love.

2)Yennai Kanavilaye Netrodu

Well this technically isn't a duet but many men sang it, so I am going to call it a duet. More than anything I really like the lyrics of this song. With my limited understanding of poetic tamil this song is as easy hear.

3)Hey GoodBye Nanba

This song is like an absolute fun song and I really really like the picturization. Once again, lyrically an easy song and beautiful picturization. The dynamics between them is cute.

4)Suraj Hua Madham

Need I say more. SRK and Kajol!!! Enough Said

5)Halla Gulla

This is the Bombay Halla Gulla (in case you dint hit the link). To be honest I don't know why I like this song. But I just do. I like the national integration lyrics that come somewhere halfway through the song.

6)Katre Yen Vasal Vandhal

This is a very relaxing song. I like the melody and to sound like a CTG (Crazy Teenage Girl) this was my caller back tune when Deepak and I spoke to each other. So this was the first piece of info he had about me :P

7)Thotu Thotu Yennai

I like the beats and the tune. I like the yenge naan ponalum part of the song. Once again, very cute naive picturization that I like.

8)Vennilave Vennilave

This is the one from Minsara Kanavu. Beautiful song. Beautiful lyrics. Beautiful chemistry between Kajol and Prabhu Deva. And pavam Aravind Swamy at the end of the song.

9) Irava Pagala
To be honest, I don't know who sang this song. But I really really really like it. Very calming and relaxing and cute.

10)Dekho Na

This is the Baba rip off in Swades. But I like this subtler version and also the romance between them.

To me there are a lot of factors that go into a song than just the music. When I listened to the song, does it hold any significance to me. Also, I don't listen to too much Tamil Music. I was initiated into Tamil songs by N. Also, these are restricted to two people in the song.

8 comments:

nandita said...

Nice one...Ah those days of kittu mama and suzi maami! I love dekhona too..

Raju said...

Superb list of songs.. your #8 is my alltime fav song.. Happy to see many tamil songs in your top 10.. ;)

i think therefore i am said...

@nandita OMG.. I totally forgot about kittu mama and suzi maami!!! Remember the MCA girl who used to talk to urself.. And our dubbing sessions for her..

@raju.. She asked me to write Tamil songs so I tried to think of as many Tamil songs as possible.. #8 is a superb song..

tt_giant said...

Nice list. 6) brought a smile to my face.

Gradwolf said...

oh nice list! And dedication to NH4 and SVCE bus routes make it all the more special. Small talk and music were the best part of those journeys, if not sleep.

i think therefore i am said...

@adi.. yeah.. I think the best part of the engineering college experience is the bus rides..

Anirudh Sravan Pulipaka said...

nice list!
so true!
dekho na is faaaar better that the rowby baaba-neku-mokkutta!

i think therefore i am said...

@ani..welcome welcome..nice to see you here..