Monday, August 04, 2008

News Feed

What is the desperate urge to know?? The social networking is finally getting to me. I mean its one thing to catch up with frnds.But a desparate urge to know gets to me. Status msgs.. The facebook what are u doing know thingy-s.. Public profiles.. the visual bookshelf!!! Why should someone know what I am reading right now?? You know facebook has the side questions thingy ( I dont remember its name). Do I like chocolates? Is it brown or black? What would I do if I were stranded on an island (I can assure you the chances of that happening are less thaan zero!!!!!!!!!!) If someone is dating someone or is someone married to someone.. I know of late people putting up their honeymoon pictures.. Now that is where I draw the line.. Why do people need to share the information with others. I mean some things like what is happening in my head this very second is private between me and my head.. If this much information is available right now imagine 10 years from now. Maybe we would have cool gadget thingys that we can put on like headfones or something which would give us our thoughts and we could choose to broadcast them over our private frequency or better still make them a podcast!!!
You know the facebook so and so is attending such and such party!! Imagine if I realized that people are throwing me a surprise party and I get to see the facebook invitation. Imagine how surprised I would be??????

Oh I just found out that two of my juniors(whose names I am choosing not to mention) who gave out mixed signals regarding if they were seeing each other or just frnds jus declared that they are in a relationship with each other!! And I am happy for the two of them. You know who u are and I am happy for you

Oh and Oh Check out tweet.com it does jus this

4 comments:

nandita said...

Guilty of confessional status messages all the time :) I am self obsessed like that.. But with you on social networking. I'm over orkut and never really understood facebook!

tt_giant said...

i still havent got much into orkut/facebook. but have accounts in them just in case I change my mind!

but it is just super tiring to see updates of people commenting on other ppl's fotos! crazy!

i think therefore i am said...

@nanta facebook takes a while to grow on you and then u realize how useless it can be!!

@ttg keep up with the accounts and encourage others who do

niha said...

Yes. Facebook is completely pointless, but hopelessly addictive! That's why losers like us take great pains to update the status of what books we are reading, isn't that right :p