Friday, February 16, 2007

Sometimes In Life

Lots of new things happening with life.. The primary thing being cooking on a daily basis.. I have always prided myself in being a reasonably good cook. Well turns out I can stand by that statement.. 2 months of cooking and neither my husband nor I are having any serious health problems of the food kind... (though yours truly can afford to shed some pounds) But last night was my biggest disaster in the history of cooking.. I normally am not one for wasting food.. I hate throwing food into the bin or down the sink or whatever.. But this time without any qualms, I threw the whole dish into the sink.. What was this big disaster? UPMA.. I followed the recipe as my mum told me.. but for some reason it was sooo terribly bad, maybe one of the reasons being that we ran out of salt... So techincally maybe it was not my fault.. Maybe it was the salt.. Or so I shall say and console myself!!!!!

6 comments:

Speak Logic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Speak Logic said...

gr8 blog... u could have the upma with pickles, instead of wasting it... so, trying new recipes on ur hubby... ha ha ha... carry on my friend.

i think therefore i am said...

well i will defi keep that in mind.. My husband did try it with tomato pickle though.. but now after some post-mortem i think i have figured out what is wrong.. There was too much water and the rava had not fried properly and of course there was no salt!!!
All in all one huge disaster

tt_giant said...

Uppu + maavu = upma..

Maavu != upma

;-)

Raju said...

was the absence of salt due to its exhaustion, or, due to any 'sodium-free-diet' that D is advocating? ;)

i think therefore i am said...

sodium free diet.. Wow!! No no..But please dont give him new ideas..