Sunday, December 18, 2005

things i miss doing in chennai

k this post is being written with a serious bout of homesickness..
I spent my last Sunday thinking about how much my life has changed after moving to Hyderabad and that was when I came up with this list.It essentially comprises the things I did/miss doing

1) fighting with my dad for the Hindu paper and reading the entire paper back to back.Then reading the Calvin and Hobbes strip
2)fighting with my dad for the Sunday magazine section which he would invariably leave in his bathroom before I got up as a consequence of which it would be wet(wait i dont think the sentence formation is right there- but am sure you get the drift)
3)eating crisp dosas with peanuts chutney and last nites pesarapappu/onion sambhar
4)chasing the bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5)calling chaitanya,adi,sharan,arun,priya and telling them that they gonna miss the bus at nandanam.calling manju to check if i missed the bus and making it wait at nandanam.
6)saying hi to all my teachers from school.(My bus-stop is outside school)
7)looking at the new students and wondering how much better school was when I was in it.(y the hell dont they wear their badges????)
8)walking all the way to the canteen so that I can eat puff(real reason-socialize with half a dozen ppl on the way)much to divya/janani's exsasparation
9)having a desperate urge to eat dahi papdi chat/rasagollas/pasta/mirchi vada/vada at 3 in the afternoon in the middle of some boring lecture
10)playing bingo with janani
11)sitting in the verandah outside krl's room and jus whiling away time(supposedly on duty organizing something)
12)basically torturing janani with my odd comments/thoughts/opinions
13)snubbing abhinandan..(we had a mutual hatred)
14)sitting at amethyst and eating black current youghurt in their trophy cups(their cups were shaped like trophies) and talking to the gang..or kalaichifying(that is pulling each others legs) or abusing the boys.. also commenting abt some odd female who is in the gym with us
15)sittin on the beach and eating peanuts/raw mango for 200 bucks(record of sorts am sure)
16)playing running and catching on the beach and throwing sand on each other.
17)playing boys vs grls antakshari and then ending up singing all our fav songs together.
18)actually all of us singing pehla nasha!!
19)sharan's beach house(sorry da arun..liked sharan's better)
20)eating food at kayandi/buhari.
21)planning to go for a movie at 6 20 and going to Satyam for a 6 30 show
22)bugging my mom to watch telugu movies with me due to the lack of company
23)buggin shivanth for brownies and then fighting over who gets how much.
24)going out with div/jan to watch the most outrageous movies in the world.
25)going to landmark and browsing through the cds.
26)making my father take me to gangotri for dahi papdi chat and then bring it home and eat it watching full house.
27)talking for hours together on the phone-dispensing advice,getting advice,making plans,crying,gossiping.The famous conference calls!!!!
28)sleep overs at deepa's house where we raided her fridge for anything edible.
29)sleep overs at my place where we played pictionary(actually i dispensed the cards and the rest played)
30)getting the notes/xerox some 2 days before exams.
31)doing the lab exams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
32)driving my car(ok i drive at 40 on ecr-so what)
33)sitting on top of the tank and watching the fire-works
34)sitting at move-n-pick and complaing about y they dont have chocolate ice cream and still enjoying what they have.
35)waking up in the morning and find my mom sitting on the chair next to my bed drinkin her coffee/tea
36)telling my folks some stories they absolutely un-interested in but still listened to coz i was telling them

well i guess tat pretty much sums it up..k wait one more..am sure am gonna get clobbed if i dont put that up
37)talking to nanta on the bus and generally being her one -woman-entertainment show

4 comments:

Suze said...

:-)

Aww.. I miss those days babe..!

Speak Logic said...

"Changes and Friends are the only things which always remain with us"


Giving some time to think how far the things have changed is always a very nice thing to do. your blog consist not only about home sickness, but also about how much u miss the college life. 50% of ur blog would have remained the same, even if u have got a job at chennai. Still, u r lucky lady, u r in a land where language and culture is no constraint for interacting with people. what do u say?

nandita said...

good u put up number 37!:P
miss those days..

sweets said...

Hi,

I was a student of stella maris college. I'm right now married and have a 6month old son and live in the US. Was browsing thru google to find out if we get some good chat like gangotri..so came across u'r blog..Actually was so moved by it, i'm in tears..ya i miss chennai..gangotri chat, amma, appa, my bro-the biggest bully on earth, my sweetie pie honey(my 6 yr old cocker spaniel) all the fun, love, fights..etc..lucky u'r atleast in the neighbouring state..me ummffff in the so called states...cha...