Monday, October 27, 2014

Veer Says...

One day, I showed up at Veer’s daycare in gym pants and a t-shirt. The weather permits me to wear a jacket and hence I could get away with the t-shirt. As soon as I enter Veer’s class –

Veer: Mamma why are you wearing gym pants?

Me: Because I came from home baby.

A while later, in the car on the ride home

Veer: For my birthday party you can wear gym pants.

Me: But I want to wear jeans papa.

Veer: You can wear a saree.  You can look pretty in a saree mamma.

We went to a friend’s birthday party this weekend. The little girl I am assuming was tired at the end of the party…

Me: Thank S for the party Veer.

Veer: Thank you S.

We got home and Veer was reporting the party to dad.

Veer: Naana, S didn’t say your welcome to me.

We are just getting over a stomach bug which involved many sleepless nights, multiple doctor visits and an emergency room visit. On the first day back to school I was telling Veer about the benefits of washing his hands to avoid going to the doctor again.

Me: Veer amma, you must wash your hands when you go pee pee or potty.

My Mom (On Phone): Veer wash your hands when you come back from playing and before eating food
(Basically, my mom and I were bombarding him with instructions)

Veer: Mamma, I am wearing a diaper today, I don’t need to wash my hands when I go pee pee.


No comments: