Friday, February 01, 2008

You have grown up soo much!!!

Scenario 1

Fat old balding uncle to young kid. "Pappu,what do u do??"

Young kid to balding uncle. "I am in 4th standard."

Fat old balding uncle to young kid. "Good, you must have something to pass your time."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does it sound odd.. Well that is because its odd. Because no one ever tells a school going/college going kid that. Now read the scenario below

Scenario 2

Random guy/woman to me "So, wat do u do cogito??"

Me to this random person "I am doing my Masters in IT at such and such college"

Random guy/woman to me "Good, you must have something to pass your time."

NO!! I am not passing time doing masters. Wat sort of a mind can come up with this extremely hilarious statement. Apparently, lots!!! And its irritating me beyond words.. I dont pass my time writing Oracle 10g or read loads of papers on SLA and so on so forth to pass my time.. If I want to pass my time I will read Malika Badrinath and her recipes for cardiac arrest and high colestrol!! If I want to pass my time I will build a TV (Ok I think you get the point).These inane questions irritate me.. When I was in 12th I used to hate it when people asked me what I want to do with my life or better yet if I am studying?? No dude I spent all of my 12th standard I spent partying and watching movies..

I think that if people had nothing to say to me I would rather they not ask me inane questions. Imagine how much more peace would exist in the world if people dont ask dumb questions. Sometimes, I have been considered a snob because I dont ask polite(read dumb) questions. If I ask these questions, they end up sounding hilarious because, it sounds like I absolutely dont mean it.. And most often than not I dont mean it. I dont care!!! I genuinely dont care!!! And when I do mean it, it comes out very concerned. And people know I mean it.

Switching gears, I am really happy about starting grad school.Somethings dont change. I still wait for a bus. But again,there is no N at the bus stop. Psychologically, I dont want to sit next to anyone else. So, I just sit with my bag. N u were the best bus partner a girl could ever ask for.

Now, I have to go and pass time doing some time pass Oracle. And the ultimate inane question of them all.. "My God u have grown up soooo much since I last saw you!!" "No U dingabat, I expected to the same since 1986."

3 comments:

nandita said...

awwww :) Thanks di!

Raju said...

hmmm.. wouldnt the world be so predictable without such characters and such questions? May be they help u appreciate those who dont ask such stupid questions...

i think therefore i am said...

@nanta.. he he

@raju very well said.. also wat wud happen to the Mega Serials if ppl stopped asking dumb questions