Friday, July 20, 2007

Auld Lang Syne



Pic- Sea-Tac Airport with Rainier In the Background

Should an old aquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind
Should an old aquaitance be forgot and Auld Lang Syne


AS a little girl in Madras, I had one dream.. That was to come to the States and study. AS I grew up and Madras became Chennai, the dream modified a bit. I would come to America to set up a family and study!! You get the drift. It was never to visit Disneyland.(Was never too much into cartoons.) Never to see LA or Vegas or Niagra Falls etc.(K I am rambling on here)

Finally one day I came into live here. During one of the most brutal winters Seattle has ever had. Edmonds to be more specific. (City north of Seattle). This city taught me soooo many things I cant even begin to list them. Helped me undergo an experience I cant put down in words. I have realized inner strength I never imagined I had.Started the studying I was dying to do(Maintained a 4.0 mind you) And now I am leaving this place in 1 week, and it struck me. I might never come back to Edmonds and my wonderful 1st floor apartment that my husband and I so lovingly furnished. Here is a few of the wonderful snaps of Edmonds.



My temporary Alma Mater - EDCC



Pike's Place Market



Space Needle



Edmonds Ferry



I-5



My hangout.. University of Washington

5 comments:

tt_giant said...

Edmonds hasn't been the same since December 2006 (actually, July 2006!)

It was a big transition for me to come from FL but such is life. I will have very fond memories of the place always.

Probably would be posting something similar to this if there is time.

Star said...

Where are you moving to???

i think therefore i am said...

well star.. i am moving across the country

Speak Logic said...

u r really lucky when it comes to going around and visiting new people and new places.... first it was hyderabad and now its america...

i think therefore i am said...

@speak logic.. yeah tat is a cool thing.. gettin to visit soo many places