Saturday, September 09, 2006

then and now

There comes a period in everyone's live which acts as a defining moment..Well not defining.. but a realization dawns.. and that happened last week. I did something that I had never wanted to do all my life and had been postponing for atleast 3 years.When I left Chennai on Aug 14th 2005, I knew that the next time I come back home it would be as someone else's wife or fiance atleast!!! And well it turned out that I was right(as usual!!!!)

After severe nagging from my mom I got down to cleaning my cupboard.This was my dad's cupboard and it had been passed down to me.The chocolate brown Godrej with "Kumar" written on its side..In some weird mood or childish whim I had filled the front of it with stickers..

I came down to the task of sorting out the stuff..Michelle and me making plans to kill Pitchaikannu(the guy who wrote the 12th Math Text Book), notes to Div and Janani about what to do on the weekend, scrapbooks from 6th to 10th..The history project I had done in 7th.. Old OD forms with KRL's signatures..Tickets to Titanic..Tickets of the first Saarang I went to..Tickets to the AR Rahman Concert and the Bryan Adams Concert..The project document on which the prof wrote"Best Wishes to the Best Student" all this and much much more..It all had to go...

And then came the stuff that I could not bear to throw away.. The posters I has collected over the years, greeting cards from friends over the years and certificates and medals I had gotten over the years..The letter of invitation inviting my parents for my Investiture, special passes to the sports day for my folks,friendship bands from friends...

This was essentially letting go off my childhood..Something I had refused to do..I personally believe that a person should hold onto the innocence and the childhood for as long as he/she can.. Well I just let go of mine..

But for all the kids out there.swats,mittu,rj etc..guys hold onto it for as long as u can kiddos..mmmuuuah

(*hint hint-- general can I hold onto my childhood..please pretty please)

2 comments:

tt_giant said...

Made me remember my childhood stuffs :-). I guess some of them (if not all) should still be somewhere stashed at home. My sticker collection, stamps, coins, WWF trump cards(!!), my random mix of chemical concoctions to put (imaginary) evil people to sleep...

But I guess sometimes you have to let go, however hard it may seem.

Ok no sad face. Lets be reasonable. Bring a few things which you cannot leave behind.

* hint hint *
#DEFINE LUGGAGE_LIMIT=50 lbs

/*
poor ol' general may have something to carry too!
*/

"And well it turned out that I was right(as usual!!!!)"

- so, when are you teaching the next class on humility?

i think therefore i am said...

well yeah general can carry 50lb and i can carry 50 lb..dont think wat i have has more than 100 lbs..so we can manage..LOL!!!!

and yeah humility lessons..wasnt i right or not..jus statin facts..not showin off